Weapons are what you use to fight Monsters. There are one-handed weapons and two-handed weapons. The former will allow you to use shields but won't hit as hard as the latter, which don't allow shields.
- Axes: The balanced melee weapon for both damage, speed and requirements.
- Bows: Distance weapon for warrior classes, it's slow but does piercing damage. Again, the Hunter's skill Marksmanship and its synergies can greatly improve the speed and efficiency of the arrows.
- Clubs: The slowest melee weapon in general, but also the most damaging per hit weapon type. Since it's blunt, it can't be used for skills which requires a sharp weapon like a spear or a sword.
- Shields: Blocks incoming dmg from all sources.
- Spears: Slow hitting but powerful hunting weapon, capable of piercing armor. It's the best weapon for hunters and other hunter-related classes, as they have a whole skill tree based on spearmanship and can increase the attack rate. You can use a shield along with the spear, but you can't dual wield weapons.
- Staves: Projectile weapons for spell-casters, they can shoot fire, ice or lightning projectiles in general. They're slow but usually deal lots of damage.
- Swords: The fastest melee weapon and also the least damaging per hits in general, though it can do piercing damage.
- Throwing Weapons: Distance weapon which was introduced in the Addon Titan Quest: Ragnarök. It is fast and may has some pierce ratio in general. It offers less distance than a bow, but in contrast to that can be used with a shield or even be dual wielded (with the proper Warfare Mastery or Rune Mastery skill).
* Unique and Monster Infrequent weapon can be variety at dmg types with slightly change in attack speed, dmg types.
Add formulas and explanations here. Explain for example: Which weapons are affected by offensive ability? What is its effect?
In Titan Quest there exist many different weapon qualities. The common weapons exist in three different materials each. They can be made out of metal (most swords, axes, maces and spears) or wood (all bows and staves). Depending on the difficulty these materials are:
- Normal difficulty
- Copper, Bronze and Iron
- Pine, Ash and Oak
- Epic difficulty
- Copper gravel, Orichalcum and Adamant
- Spruce, Yew and Ironwood
- Legendary difficulty