Hi, I'm an admin for the Titan Quest Wiki community. Welcome and thank you for your edit to A Lesson in Despair! If you need help getting started, check out our help pages or contact me or another admin here. For general help, you could also stop by Community Central to explore the forums and blogs.
Please leave me a message if I can help with anything. Enjoy your time at Titan Quest Wiki!
Hello! I think you should ask for admin privileges since you are the most active member.
Naw, I actually prefer not to be an admin. Kaczor reacts pretty fast to requests, and I sometimes overdo things. Like the idea of recategorizing lots of articles and changing how categories are used. Or the bit where I am still unsure what category to put special monsters in (is it a boss? hero? both? is a quest boss also a boss?). Or the bit where I am responsible for some of the fake boss monster categories like https://titanquest.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rat. It's good to have Kaczor have an eye on things and stop the worst ideas.
- I replaced the cave maps because using different zoom levels makes it harder to quickly identify which map you are currently on (not here, but in other regions I had serious problems navigating with cave map images because of this). I replaced the outside maps because all the important markers were missing (cave entrances, NPCs). Some other, less important markers were missing too, so I took the time to add every marker to every map where it should be visible, while I was at it. As a nice side effect, the new image files are each about 100kb instead of 700kb. The old map images are still online, but you have to go to a pre-August-4 revision to see them. Zyphrus (talk) 00:31, November 7, 2018 (UTC)
Admins dashboard[edit source]
- This list, right? Special:UnusedFiles. This is weird. The files for most of the unused images are missing. Might as well delete those I guess. How can there be unused, missing images? Zyphrus (talk) 00:54, November 7, 2018 (UTC)
Hey! My name is Atvelonis, and I'm the Fandom Wiki Manager for the Titan Quest Wiki as well as an admin on Elder Scrolls. I'm here to help you and the wider community, and act as a liaison between you and Fandom Staff. If you ever have any questions or issues related to the wiki, its features (editing, templates, bots, etc.), or whatever else, feel free to reach out to me on my talk page or on Discord (Atvelonis#9495) and I can help out! —Atvelonis (talk) 22:27, May 3, 2019 (UTC)
Hey Zyphrus, thanks for the message! I'm just using the Wiki to get myself through the game, thought I'd help you with the information as I'm currently playing the game to get Platinum Trophy for it, so I'll be around to helpout here and there on the information, great wiki you have here, I'm happy that you're okay to enable me to help out!
Make an interwiki request
Admin rights or content manager[edit source]
If any task list for a wiki?
- Project seems to be the original roadmap for the wiki. The original team started out enthusiastically, creating some beautiful pages for act 1 and 2. Then the project died. Over the years solitary contributors have added most of the content that was still missing. We now have a useful page for each quest and each region. Almost everything else is kind of a mess.
- There are no (or very few) guide pages. For example, Offensive Ability really needs an in-depth explanation. There are no guides for each class, let alone specific builds (there are a lot of those in the biggest German forum (now shut down, but archive pages exist), but someone would have to translate those).
- There is no way we'll ever list every hero monster and its possible spawn locations.
- The pages for the Ragnarok relics are non-existant or incomplete.
- most equipment pieces have no page, and the existing pages are a nightmare to navigate
- Simply put, any contribution you make to the wiki will be welcome. Right now it is not obvious what the wiki has to offer: Quests and Act I Map through Act V Map are the real navigation hubs of the wiki. Any contribution you can make to make the wiki easier to navigate is most welcome, for example navigation boxes. The Egypt#Places section seems like something that could be put in a navbox and placed at the bottom of each region page for Egypt. Right now the navigation is mostly done through a few wiki links at the top of each region page, like on the Canyon of Isis page (the main story quests have this, too). Those links could be placed in a custom nav box. If you have other or better ideas for the navigation or anything else, let's give them a try!
- I have only really contributed to region and quest pages, and consider concise, appealing pages like Behind the Waterfall to be the service this wiki offers. Waffos5 prefers exhaustive pages and has added a lot of content in that style. That is prefectly fine, too (Spartan War-Camp is a good example of this). You focus more on the structure and cohesion of the wiki as a whole. That is a perspective which we editors of recent years lack, so your contributions are most welcome. Zyphrus (talk) 13:34, February 22, 2020 (UTC)
- The changed info box and new layout on the Village of Helos page looks really good! Let's go with that layout Zyphrus (talk) 14:07, February 22, 2020 (UTC)
- I have replaced most of the individual letter pages with redirects, but deleting them would be fine with me, too. If you still want them deleted, message me Zyphrus (talk) 13:34, February 22, 2020 (UTC)
Wiki abandoned?[edit source]
For a long time no one makes changes
- Right now, you should be the Bureaucrat or at least an admin, Jan382. I am busy with other stuff, and Kaczor has vanished too. I'll put in some time next week on those unfinished act 5 quest pages Zyphrus (talk) 10:50, April 5, 2020 (UTC)
- It is very difficult for one person to keep such a wiki, although I has already created many templates for games, maps, and quests, some of which have already been added; removed dozens of broken links; and put order in hundreds of articles, especially on the main page Jan382 (talk) 15:31, April 9, 2020 (UTC)
Redirects list[edit source]
- Yeah, I've been working on those. I guess the easiest thing would be to just delete the pointles ones and then go through the list of broken wiki links. Anyway, I'll slowly work my way through the list of pages marked for deletion, then probably the list of redirects. But I'll mostly spend time on completing / polishing act V quest pages. Zyphrus (talk) 12:56, April 9, 2020 (UTC)