A Scroll is a powerful single-use spell which you can purchase and use in time of need. They are never found as random loot in the game - they can only be purchased from merchants or received as part of a quest's reward.
Their mechanics are similar to that of a Potion: various scrolls of the same type and quality will stack in a single 2x2 place in your inventory, for up to 5 scrolls. They can be assigned to the skill bar, too.
Scrolls vary in quality between the different difficulty levels, much like relics and charms. For instance, Scrolls in Epic mode are tinted blue and have the prefix "Greater", whereas they're yellow-tinted and lack any prefix in Normal mode.
Lesser Scrolls appear in Normal Difficulty with Greater Scrolls in Epic and Divine Scrolls in Legendary.
There's a Lesser, Greater, and Divine version of each scroll.
- Scroll of Bloodrage - Bleeding damage, exchange Health Regen for Health Leech + Total Speed
- Scroll of Persuasion - Mind Control AOE
- Scroll of Primal Chaos - Turn into a Giant with bonus Damage and Damage Absorption
- Scroll of the Sun's Blessing - Heals allies and Burns enemies
- Scroll of the Svefnthorn - AOE Fumble, Impaired Aim, Sleep, and Slow
There are Lesser, Greater, and Divine versions of each scroll.
- Scroll of Elemental Shielding - Damage Absoprtion of all Elemental attacks
- Scroll of Frailty - Reduced Physical Damage AOE
- Scroll of Frenzy - Bonus Piercing Damage and Movement Speed buff
- Scroll of the Breaking Wheel - Summons a powerful Trap
- Scroll of the Crushing Vortex - Damage and Elemental Damage AOE
- Scroll of the Ice Nova - AOE Frostburn damage and Freeze
- Scroll of the Stalwart Alliance - AOE Damage and Armor buff
- Scroll of the Storm Witches - Summons a pair of powerful Harpy Witches that do Lightning damage
- Scroll of Unbroken Fortitude - 90 seconds of Damage Absorption
- Scroll of Arcane Power - Bonus Elmental Damage, Energy Regen, and Casting Speed
- Scroll of the Cyclops - Summons a Cyclops for 25 seconds
- Scroll of the Sky's Rage - Summons a Lightning Storm for 15 seconds
- Scroll of the Warrior's Song - Bonus Damage and Offensive Ability
- Scroll of Vulnerability - AOE Armor and Defensive Ability debuff
- Greater Scroll of the Djinn - Summons a Corpulent Djinn for 3 minutes
- Greater Scroll of the Earthquake - AOE Damage and Stun
- Greater Scroll of the Necromancer - Raises flame-enchanted skeletal warriors for 25 seconds
- Greater Scroll of Vampirism - AOE Life Leech
- Greater Scroll of Vengeance - Burn Retaliation
- Divine Scroll of Armageddon - Vitality Decay and Reduction to Enemy's Health
- Divine Scroll of Magebane - Turns Enemy's Energy into Damage
- Divine Scroll of the Archmage's Fury - Bonus to Elemental Damages, lower Recharge and Energy Cost
- Divine Scroll of the Arrow Dancer - 40% Chance to Avoid Projectiles
- Divine Scroll of the Behemoth - Summons a demonic beast for 3 minutes
- Divine Scroll of the Maddened God - Summons the Avatar of a Mad God for 25 seconds