Ratmen are bipedal rats.
"Out of deep places of foul magic, a tribe of giant, upright rats emerged. Crude though their weapon and armor may be, many an adventurer, deep in a dungeon, has found himself suddenly ringed by a sea of red, hungry eyes and dully glinting swords."
Ratmen are not strong but gain strength in numbers.
Ratman Variants Edit
- Scrawny: First and weakest of Ratman variants, encountered in Greek caves.
Ratman Types Edit
- Warrior: A basic melee fighter with black fur. He wields one close combat weapon and deals a little damage. Warriors range from ordinary to veterans with higher ranked ones being strong. Recommended resistances: Physical.
- Skirmisher: A basic archer with brown fur. They rarely have any armor besides armbands and only deal weak damage, so they are pretty harmless. Skirmisher range from ordinary to veterans, just like Warriors. Recommended resistances: Physical, Piercing, Avoid Projectiles.
- Rogue ( Champion ): A strong melee Ratman with black fur, who carries a weapon in each hand and wears various armor pieces all over the body. He can use skills from the Rogue Mastery such as Throwing Knife and Lay Trap. Recommended resistances: Physical, Piercing, Bleeding, Avoid Projectiles.
- Sapper ( Champion ): A ranged Ratman with gray fur who is armed with a magical staff and has the ability to throw bombs. This bombs act like Poison Gas Bomb with Shrapnel modifier, but inflict Fire Damage instead of Poison Damage.
- There is also a Plague Spreader Ratmen which is some kind of Shaman. He has the Plague skill which causes a unit to take damage over-time and can spread to other units. Beware of using pets against them.