The boatman Charon has vanished and shades cannot cross The River Styx into the Sunless Lands. They are scared and huddle close to the useless boat. It appears one shade stood up and demanded passage, but he was taken away by the daemons here. Hipparchus, he was called. Find and free him.
- Talking to Antigenes at Charon's Dock, next to the River Styx portal, starts the quest.
- The next step is to find Orok Skullcracker - Troglodyte Hero. He is located in the same region as the portal. Heading southeast from the portal leads to a rebirth fountain, Orok Skullcracker can be found southwest of it.
- Defeating him frees Hipparchus from the soul prison Orok Skullcracker was guarding. Hipparchus asks the hero to find Charon's Oar so he may operate the ferry while Charon is gone.
- Going southeast leads to the big Unfinished Bridge which is guarded by Charon - Ferryman of the Styx. When defeated he drops the sought after Charon's Oar.
- And finally the hero needs to teleport back to the River Styx portal and go to Charon's Dock next to it. Hipparchus has already made his way here. Giving him the oar will complete the quest.
- 40000, 80000, or 250000 (normal / epic / legendary) points of experience
- a random Relic shard