After killing him, you are rewarded with the first large Majestic Chest encountered in the game so far.
Level: 9-11 ( Normal )
Nessus is bigger, tougher, and faster than normal Centaurs. Also he has:
- Bleed Attack: Inflict Bleeding damage over time to all enemies in couple meters radius.
- Summon Allies: Uses a horn to summon four Centaurs to assist him. He does this when he spots you the first time, and every time, when all his four centaur guards are killed. The centaur guards are always made up of two Trappers and two Rangers, and they always appear near Nessus' original position. The Trappers can be especially troublesome, as their traps can deal a lot of damage.
- Heart of Oak (Epic & Legendary): Heart of Oak from the Nature Mastery.
Nessus can prove to be a difficult opponent to inexperienced players.
- Try to lure him away from his original position to get rid of any nearby centaurs and his summoned guards. If his guards chase you, too, try to kill the Trappers to get rid of the traps they set.
- His attacks can be very powerful, so remember to take potions early enough.
- If you run out of potions or need a break, simply run a good distance away to the south/east/west. Nessus and his guards break off the chase and return to their camp. However, remember, his health regenerates.
- In mythology Nessus was a famous centaur killed by Heracles, and in turn his poisoned blood killed Heracles.