Masteries are special skills that can aid the Hero in battle. Masteries allow the player to add special bonuses and effects to their weapons (such as poison and confusion), give them damage boosts or health/energy boosts for some time, or summon pets that can aid them in battle. You can choose your first mastery when your Hero reaches level 2, and your second mastery at level 8.
- Storm Mastery - Lightning and cold
- Defense Mastery - Tanking and controls
- Earth Mastery - Fire, physical and summon
- Nature Mastery - Summons, heals, and group buffs
- Warfare Mastery - Offence, dual wielding
- Hunting Mastery - Bow, throwing weapons and spears
- Spirit Mastery - Life drain, vitality damage, summons, and wards
- Rogue Mastery - Poison, pierce and bleeding
- Dream Mastery (With Immortal Throne) - Electrical burn, self buffs and summons
- Rune Mastery (With Ragnarök) - Elemental damage, walls, basic dual wielding
Titan Quest assigns your character a class as soon as you choose a skill mastery, which indicates your talents. If you decide to chose a second mastery, your class will also change.
See: Character Classes for a list of classes or see the section later in this article.
The mastery interface
You can open your mastery interface by clicking on the book in the menu with a S on it, or press S on your keyboard. Every time you gain a level, you get 3 skill points that you can spend on skills.
The big column on the left side of the interface is the Tier meter and is the foundation of every mastery. Every time you put a point in it, your basic stats will rise (Intelligence, Strength and Dexterity), which will allow you to deal more damage. If you put enough points in the Tier meter, new and more powerful skills will unlock.
You can also spend your points on the actual skills. There are two sorts of skills: active skills, which require activation via hotkeys (you can address them to the hotkeys bar at the bottom of your screen by right-clicking on it), and passive skills that will activate when your Hero is battling. You can put more points in a single skill, so that they will become powerful, and some skills can only unlock when you've activated a lower-tier skill that is related to the skill.
- Tier 1 - Unlocked with 1 mastery point
- Tier 2 - Unlocked with 4 mastery points
- Tier 3 - Unlocked with 10 mastery points
- Tier 4 - Unlocked with 16 mastery points
- Tier 5 - Unlocked with 24 mastery points
- Tier 6 - Unlocked with 32 mastery points
- Tier 7 - Unlocked with 40 mastery points (With Atlantis)