After killing the mushroom king for Dvalinn and Durin, they offer to upgrade a Legendary (Purple) or Epic (Blue) item for your hero. For a price.
- Quest Start - In the main story, kill the mushroom king in the Old Mine for Durin and Dvalinn. Then talk to them in the Master Forge Chamber.
- Fetch the Mead of Valhöll in Valholl (milk it from Gudrun the Goat) and bring it to Durin.
- Fetch the Mead of Poetry from the southwest corner of Hnitbjorg (get it from a little pond) and bring it to Durin.
- Fetch the Blacksteel Ingot from a room in the Land's End ~ Armory (get it from a chest) and bring it to Durin.
- Durin will now upgrade one Epic (Blue) or Legendary (Purple) piece of equipment by adding random affixes to it (both a prefix and a suffix).
- As a rule, Epic and Legendary items do not have any affixes (unless you have added them through this quest on a previous difficulty). Although there are a few exceptions to this rule such as Black Pearl ring, Crystal Totem amulet, and a couple of more items.
- It is possible to overwrite already existing affixes, so you must be careful when upgrading items that have already been upgraded through this quest on a previous difficulty.
- Since you can complete this quest only once per each difficulty, you can upgrade a total of three times per hero.
- It is possible to see the exact information for the affixes you have received through this upgrade by using external tools (for example, TQ Vault).
- An upgraded Epic (Blue) or Legendary (Purple) piece of equipment.
- 30K / 75K / 210K Experience (Normal / Epic / Legendary difficulty) for delivering the Mead of Vallhöll.
- 30K / 75K / 210K Experience for delivering the Mead of Poetry.
- 30K / 75K / 210K Experience for delivering the Blacksteel Ingot.