Adding Event Music
To add Event Music to your levels, do the following:
- Open the Art Manager
- Import records/sounds/ambientpack/(choose pak) (for example it would be records/sounds/ambientpak/ambgrassland.dbr
- Import records/sounds/sounds/musicpack/(location event)/(musicpak) for example records/sounds/musicpak/greekevent/grkeventhelostheme.dbr
- Import one more record records/sounds/musicpak/(location random)/(musicpak) for example records/sounds/musicpak/greekrandom/grassland01mpakgrk.dbr
- Build / (F7)
- Exit out of Art manager and open Editor
- Open your mod
- Select the region you want to add the music to and open in Editor mode
- Select the area painter (I forget the exact name for it, it's the one in the middle with the red yellow green and blue shapes in it)
- For Layer, choose sound layer
- Click on new and change default style name to something more descriptive
- Click on the elipsies next to the Ambiant music box
- In the window that opens choose the ambiant music file you imported to the database (if this window is blank something went wrong with the import and build)
- Do the same for Ambiant sound and Event music boxes
- Follow current procedures to save and build mod or maps.
- Play test, if all went well you should hear some music.
Using Custom mp3's and wav files
To add your own MP3's to be able to use them for in-game music
- In Art Manager, Sources Tab right click in the folder list area (left side) on the top item (modename)/sources and choose Create Folder
- Name your new folder something painfuly obviously for your sanity (I.E. InGameMusic)
- Note: Do not name the folder "Sounds" or "Music" by itself
- On the right side right click and choose import.
- Browse your way to the .mp3 or .wav that you want to use.
- Click on on open.
- Right click on your now imported file and choose Auto-Create Asset
Repeat until all the files you want are imported.
Your music/sound files should now be avaiable for use in the sounds and music type Database records.