1) Unlocking the Amulets
AllSkins 0.8 has by default 2 vendors of skin bottles in Helos in static positions on town:
- Fathersquid, the first-choice male skins vendor
- Cassandra, the first-choice non-adult female skins vendor
The first choice skins contain the most original skins available on AllSkins mod. If you buy and use (right-click) one of the bottles sold by those vendors, the appearance of your character will change.
AllSkins 0.8 has nevertheless a method to summon up to 6 different vendors (including those 2 above) in any place that your character wants them to be. To do that, you only have to use the 6 amulets provided by the mod. During the moment that you use an amulet, the vendor will appear in front of you. You can then return to your default amulet.
|If you don't have any amulet on your character, picking up an amulet from AllSkins 0.8 from the ground will summon a vendor instantly, since the amulet will be used.|
The amulets related to the non-adult skins of the game are listed below. Note that the "Recolors and Variations" vendors don't have bottles with skins that are original, but they do offer some variations over the first-choice skins of the other vendors (different skirt colors, little changes, etc).
- Fathersquid's amulet, the first choice male skins vendor amulet +
- Cassandra's amulet, the first choice non-adult female skins vendor amulet +
- Jack Sparrow's amulet, the Recolors and Variations male skins vendor amulet +
- Caitlyn's amulet, the Recolors and Variations non-adult female skins vendor amulet
Those 4 amulets can be acquired in the following manner:
- Enter Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
- Click on "Play Custom Quest" and Start one of the 3 AllSkins mods (any of them, the standard, Dress or Skirtless mod)
- You'll be led back to the main page like nothing happened. Hit the "Start" button on the below and right corner of the game (like starting a normal game)
- Now you're starting the standard game with AllSkins mod loaded. Hit the "<Esc>" Key.
- Click in "Unlock Content" and enter the code 135180
- 4 Amulets will fall on the ground. Get them.
- If you use one of those amulets, a vendor will appear in front of you. Don't use 2 amulets while standing on the same place, otherwise the vendors will appear
on top of each other.
- When you start titan quest again WITHOUT AllSkins mod, the amulets will look like useless rings, 4 of them with just the name "Bronze". DON'T THROW THEM AWAY,
you will need them when you enter the AllSkins mod again to summon the vendors.
- If you lose any of the amulets, you can't unlock them again with the same player. Create a new player and follow the same instructions above, get the amulets
and store them on your shared stash. You can delete the player you created after if you wish.
- If you use the fanpatch and have artifacts to summon vendors, those won't work while you have the AllSkins mod loaded. That is to prevent confusion between
the mod and the embedded pre-release version AllSkins from the fanpatch.
If you want to unlock the amulets that give access to vendors with the adult skins of the game, you have to follow the same procedure as above, but use another
unlock code. This unlock code is only available on the adult section of the titanquest.net forum. You don't need to use those amulets to enjoy the AllSkins mod -
only go to get them if you are interested in adult content. Otherwise, keep with the 4 amulets that you have acquired above.
Should you be interested in the adult amulets that summon the adult skin vendors, you can go to http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modifications-editor/ and search the
forum for the word (wihout spaces in between) AdultUnlockCode
You will find a thread called "AllSkins - AdultUnlockCode" and there, in the first post, you will find the unlock code for the adult sellers of skins. Follow the same instructions
as you have seen above but use the code that you found in that thread. 2 additional amulets will drop, and you'll have a total of 6 amulets now.
The 2 new amulets will be of the following vendors:
- Desirée, the First-choice female adult skins vendor
- Salomé, the Recolors and Variations female adult skins vendor
Those 2 complete the 6 vendors of AllSkins 0.8. Enjoy!
2) The 3 mods
AllSkins 0.8 is not one mod, but 3 mods. You can play with 3 different female players (but only 1 male player in all 3 mods). The 3D female player looks different in the 3 mods.
In the standard mod, the female player looks like the game female player - a woman with a Skirt.
In the Skirtless mode, the female player is different, and doesn't look weird if she has skins that use no skirt. For example, jogging suits look better on this female player
In the Dress mode of the mod, the female has a real full-scale dress. Her 3D representation is made to use dresses.
When you enter the Skirtless or the Dress mode, it may be that the female will look weird until you have bought a bottle for her (on one of the vendors) and used it. From them on,
she will be with a skin made for that 3D representation, and will look correct again.
If you return to the game without using the AllSkins mod, and you used a Dress or Skirtless bottle on your female player, she can again look somewhat strange. All you have to do
is to buy and use a bottle that is correct for the Skirt representation and she will look correct again for the standard game.
On a rule of thumb, this can be always be used:
- Bottles available on the normal AllSkins 0.8 mod are all good to use with the standard female player;
- Bottles available on the Skirtless AllSkins 0.8 mod are all good to use with the Skirtless female player; also, Skirtless skin bottles' descriptions start always with the [Skirtless] word
- Bottles available on the Dress AllSkins 0.8 mod are all good to use with the Dress female player. also, Dress skin bottles' descriptions start always with the [Dress] word.
Note: some skirtless skin bottles are available on the standard mod. These bottles can be used for the standard AND the skirtless 3D representation of the female player.
The availablitly of bottles changes based in which mod you enter. The vendors change the stock of bottles available to you, so that you buy the right bottle for the type of female player that
you are using.
Since the male player never changes, the male vendors sell the same thing on the 3 mods.