If you have gone through the first tutorial, you should have the basic structure created. This tutorial will go through the steps on creating a custom respawn well, as well as putting it into a group to work properly.
Other items to be placed in the world follow the same directions. If standard items are used, the customization in the database is not necessary.
Create a Custom ObjectEdit
Open the ModEdit
- Open the Art Manager and select your mod A1: Mod - Select - A1. Now that we have our mod loaded we are ready to import objects so we can customize them.
Import a Respawn WellEdit
- From the top menu select Mod - Import Record.
- Open the folders and select the object: records/item/shrines/respawntempleegyptug01.dbr
- Click Okay
- Click the Database tab near the middle of the Art Manager and expand the tree to the item you just imported.
The screen should display a copy of the item respawntempleegyptug01 imported from records. Since we have imported it we are now free to edit it as we please. Rename it and move it to a central folder so we can find all our custom objects easy.
Organize The RecordsEdit
- In your database right click the records folder and select Create Directory
- In the prompt that comes up enter a name of A1ScrollinsTut
- Now find the shrine we imported under item - shrines, right click it and select copy.
- Select the A1ScrollinsTut folder you made and right click and paste the object in the window to the right.
- right click the object that you pasted into your folder and rename it to ScrollinsRespawnWell.dbr
- You may go back and delete the other record we imported to keep the database clean.
To do that:
- Right click the old shrine under item-shrines
- Delete it
- Delete the two folders after that.
- Build the database so our new folder and item will show up in the editors menus.
- Right click the main folder in Database A1\database
- Select build.
The item is ready to be placed in our world.
- Open the Editor and load up mod A1 source - maps ScrollinsTut.wrl.
- From the layout mode screen select the A1level1.lvl and enter edit mode .
Place your Respawn WellEdit
- Select the object tool
- Expand the tree to records-a1scrollinstut- scrollinsrespawnwell
- With the well selected left click in the corner of the level to place it.
- To move and rotate the object use the transform tool under the object.
- Clicking and dragging the cross in the center will move it.
- Clicking and dragging the ring around in a circle will rotate the object.
- Clicking and dragging between the cross and ring will raise and lower it.
Make a RespawnShrine GroupEdit
In order for the respawn well to work completely we need to form it into a group and make that group type RespawnShrine.
- Select the group tool .
- On the right you see the group options.
- Select "New"
- Rename it to Respawners and select type RespawnShrine.
- With that group name selected click the well that you placed in the level. You should see a small red circle appear above it.
- Save all under File- Save All and close the editor.
- Open the Art Manager.
- Select your mod: Mod-Select-A1
- Compile by clicking Build- Build at the top (or by pressing F7). Then load up the map and test it out in Titan Quest the respawn shrine should work properly once activated.
In the next tutorial a customized monster is added.