The fanpatch, also known as the bugfix patch and community patch, was created by the titanquest.net community when Iron Lore went bankrupt. It started out as a small project to include all known bugfixes known to that date and ended up with a lot more new fixes. The goal of the fanpatch is to give users a better gaming experience by fixing bugs. It does not contain balance changes, but only fixes things that were clearly not intended by the developers.
The fanpatch is widely accepted by the titanquest.net community and has been gaining acceptance in other communities too. The latest version is 1.17a.
To install the fanpatch, you have to have Titan Quest: Immortal Throne expansion. 1.17a can be applied to 1.1, 1.15, 1.16 and 1.17 It is adviced to start the game at least once after installation.
Installing the Fanpatch 1.17a is highly recommended.
Bugs fixed in patch v1.17
- Outsider's damage does not increase past level 15.
- Liche King's Soul Blight projectile has no sound and no visible impact.
- Nymph has no aggressive or defensive controllers.
- Nymph's weapon attack does not use flat damage from pet bonuses.
- Briarward does not get Epic or Legendary health boosts.
- Shaman's Leggings give double recharge bonuses.
- Spellbreaker projectile fails to affect targets half the time.
- Revenant Greaves don't drop, and Epic and Legendary variants aren't linked.
- Gigantes defensive auras fail to activate because of an animation problem.
- Gigantes monster gear and monster infrequent gear is a mess.
- Normal Scepter of the Liche King has irregular damage values.
- Monster Infrequent leg armor from Act 4 monsters can drop without affixes.
- Percentage poison damage completion bonuses on relics and charms do not work.
- Percentage poison damage boosts on Battlemarker shrines do not work.
- Ravages of Time icon is too large.
- Traps became dumber in 1.1.16.
- Inzu the Dune Raider is a Beastman (should be Demon).
- 6678 should be 6788
- Removed fix notes from previous patch change logs that have been confirmed as not having been implemented, or not working as intended.
Additional Features of v1.17
- AllSkins mod: a version of the AllSkins mod 0.8 has been included on the 1.17 fanpatch. That means that all the skin bottles from the latest AllSkins mod 0.8 have been added so players can see each others' skins online and trade bottles, and we've also included optional vendors so that players can purchase skin bottles from all versions, past and present, of the AllSkins mod inside the main game. To access this option, use the menu's "Unlock Content" button and type in this code: 123. This will drop 2 artifacts, each of which will spawn the appropriate vendor when equipped. Additionaly, we also included specialty skin vendors for adult skins, dress-mesh skins, and skirtless-mesh skins (unlock code: 12345). Note: a player must be using the dress mesh or skirtless mesh in order to properly display skins purchased from those vendors (only found on the standalone version of the AllSkins 0.8 mod). Also, summoned vendors will not disappear until you exit the game, so we recommend summoning them in a city.
- Custom Item Support: items from some custom-game mods have been included in the patch to prevent their loss when accidentally loading a custom-game character into a different mod or into the regular game. If you bring these items into the original game, they will appear in your inventory as unusable parchments until returned to the originating mod.
Custom mods currently supported:
- Occult 1.0
- Uber 1.1
- StreetFighter BETA
Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.16
- Polyphemus now gets the proper resistance across difficulties
- Frozen monsters with unique spears are now fixed
- Odontotyrannus (Beast) no longer drops Demons Blood charm.
- Double resistances from undead were removed
- Removed double -%recharge for normal Shaman's Helm and Shaman's Leggings. Normal Shaman Helm and Leggings now get a single -5%recharge bonus.
- Nightmistress' Staff projectile is replaced with a longer ranged projectile
- Legendary Tiger Claw now gives a proper OA bonus
- Attackspeed of Shiverblood fixed
- Hermes Sandals now has proper bonuses for all three difficulties
- Hermes Sandal movement speed bonus increased to 5/6/7 for N/E/L
- Staff of Lich King's base damage was fixed
- Might of Hephaestes activates it's granted skill again
- Batrachos Greaves are restored to give +%DA instead of +DA again
- Core Dweller now casts Taunt when in aggressive mode
- Mortal Wound now has a consistent increase levelling up
- Ravages of Time icon is now replaced with a square to show it's an active skill
- Vision of Death no longer causes a number of monsters to get stuck
- Liche King's Arcane Blast can now be used if the Liche is lower than level 5
- Near invisible projectiles on staffs without base damage are now replaced by a more visible projectile
- The attribute points you get from the Great Emperor are no longer forfeited if miss your opportunity to talk to the emperor's ghost.
- Hades Generals quest reward now finally works.
- Stygian Lurker quest reward can now be regained.
- Hidden Treasure quest no longer gives incorrect experience if you complete quest before talking to quest giver.
Note: All changed quests will no longer be visible in your quest log. The game will check your character when you load a game in 1.16 and let you know if your character has any missing quest rewards and give you a one-time message telling you to visit Laches at the Helos portal, who will recover your missing rewards and restore your quest log entries (though other rewards previously obtained on those quests will not be displayed). For more information about Quest Reward Recovery, check this.
Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.15
- Controllers Fixed for megalesios spirit
- Chest Traps Fixed (fire, frost, plaque, and poison)
- Dark Obelisk Soul Fixed
- Charon Minion Fixed
- Night Mistress Hero Fixed
- Many NPCs in Act 4 Fixed
- Mob pools through out all acts Fixed
- About 30 Mob Skills fixed
- Effects for Eruption, Wildfire, Arrows(default, marksmanship, and scatter shot) and Dart(default) Fixed
- Many Chest loot tables Fixed
- Loot Table for Clam Shell Fixed
- Many Loot Tables for mobs Fixed
- Few Shrines in Greece, Babylon, Egypt, and Orient fixed
- Quest Objects Mushroom Chest, Root Chest, and Urn of the Titans Fixed
- Few UI Improvments (roll over style on ground items, and main hud)
- Bug in cliff wall of Hades Cave fixed
Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.14
- Added updated Templates.arc for modders
- New Randomization Patch added
- Misspellings in the EN version
- Talos, Hydra and Megalesios do not drop armgear in Legendary. They drop 2x the amount of headgear instead.
Bugs fixed in beta patch v1.13 and before
- Ravages of Time does not reduce damage.
- Nymph actually does less damage on level 19 and 20.
- The last 2 levels of Mortal Wound should be 410 and 445
- The minus physical damage from Fatigue is totally messed up
- Pets aren't able to use petskills above their max level
- Level 11 and 12 of Reflection yield no increase
- Ternion Attack,the skill of "Spirit Mastery" will not take advantage of the "projectile speed bonus" which Arcane Lore offered.
- Triumph does not reduce damage
- Homados/Barbarian's Spiked greaves gives a wrong bonus
- Some damage bonuses don't work correctly. As can be seen in the editor, they should give two bonuses, but only one displays (and works). It concerns the following suffixes: "of Destruction, "of Carnage", "of Devastation" and "of Annihilation".
- Normal affixes on equipment in Epic/Legendary
- Epic Herakles relics give better bonuses than Legendary ones
- The +%Armor Protection completion bonus for Theban and Battlemage sets does work, but does not display correctly.
- Armour on Ismene's Bracers is not given
- The diseased plumage and venom sac charms sometimes don't yield a completion bonus.
- -%recharge and -%energy cost on Divine scroll of Archmages Fury doesn't work.
- Schlilsh's Skinner (MI sword of the swamp Anourans); the bleeding damage it does is messed up across the difficulties
- Affixes that grant a -%recharge bonus don't work.
- Erebus Crystal completion bonus mixes up Legendary with normal bonus
- Overseer's Crest should give +2 to earth enchantment but doesn't.
- Golden Fleece doesn't give the right amount of -%energy cost cost.
- The Stygian Lurker gives the quest reward, but it disappears after exiting
- The Quest for Hades Generals does partially work, but not completely.
- The loot tables are messed up, some items do not drop correctly. A partial fix for this was made.
- Some bonuses that were obviously intended (+2 defensive skills on shields, +1/2 to certain class skills on staves and some more).
- The Hermes Sandal relic is present in the database, but doesn't drop
- The Hermes Sandal relic doesn't give bonuses on completing
- Drop rates for Ismene's Helm - enemies have 0% chance to wear this.
- Revenant Greaves are now available in Epic and Legendary too
- Bloodborn Leggings; the correspondent table refers to helmets instead of leggings.
- Shaman Helms - gets -12% recharge at Normal, 0% at Epic and Legendary.
- Shaman Leggings - gets -12% recharge at Normal, 0% at Epic and Legendary.
- Phoenix (Legendary)The Heat Shield skill insta-kills allies.
- Some textures are not readable by textureviewer
- Numerous bad linkage errors in the database
- Blacksmith in Epic Knossos doesn't sell helmets.
- Merchants do not sell bows in Epic Act 2.
- +% damage bonuses on relics aren't working correctly in beta patch v1.09RC
Unofficial patch bugs
- Leonidas (NPC from Sparta/Athens) is frozen in patch 1.12RC
- hopefully fixed all the not moving npc/monsters, the animation files were removed from a lot of the dbr's in xxdxxd's collection of fixes that luedtke added to the patch
- Some mobs became rather powerful with patch 1.12RC, so some of their items were removed again
- Tower of Judgment entrance is stuttering, which causes lagging.
- The Crystal room stuttering causes lagging.
- The game files were organized better to give a small perfomance increment
- Completed Embodiment of Anubis relic displays wrong. (It's lifted).
- Spearmen from athens have swords in their right hands.
- The skins of the Allskins Mod were included in the patch. This enables you to see many skins on multiplayer and be able to trade the skin bottles from other players and apply them. To use these skins yourself you need to use the Allskins Mod though