Empusas are Demons who can be found in demolished towns, ruins and in Hades' Palace.
They always attack with elemental magic from far away, but are not excessively fast or resistant. However, all of them have a special elemental attack which can be very dangerous, especially the Soul Reaper one. A Soul Reaper heroine is fought near the end of Paseron ruins as a boss for a quest, while four other heroines (each for every element) are found scattered in different places of Hades, each of them holding an elemental crystal which is required to open Hades' Treasure Chamber.
Recommended resistances: Leech, Fire, Cold, Poison
- Venomancer: Attacks with poison magic, can summon a viral cloud which lasts for some seconds and deal continuous poison damage to the player.
- Pyromancer: Attacks with fire magic, can toss a larger, explosive fireball which burns the player.
- Frost Raider: Attacks with ice magic, can toss an icy sphere that freezes the character for several seconds, leaving him vulnerable to other attacks.
- Soul Reaper: The most dangerous type, attacks with Leech magic and will occasionally summon a wide circle of teal energy that will deplete the player's health and mana to a tremenduos rate and even kill him nearly istantly if he hasn't a strong resistance.
- Canace the Serpent Queen (quest boss)
- Metriche (quest boss)
- The Night Mistress (quest boss)
- Alcestis - Empusa Hero
- Helike, Dark Temptress - Empusa Hero
Occasionally Empusae will drop wizard equipment. Special rare items include an unique staff who can cast all the elemental attacks casually.
- Empusae Crown
- Empusae Corset
- Empusae Greaves
- Empusae Bracelet
- Night Lady's Claw (rare staff)