Dune Raider is a Demon creature found in several desert regions of Egypt (Act II). They generally have low health, but are fast and can be troublesome in numbers, especially when accompanied by mounted Dune Raiders.
Dune Raiders use special armor and can drop rare items with the affix Windswept.
- Assassin (Champion). Dual-wielding melee attackers, usually wrapped in a red Dune Raider's Harness and occasionally wearing bracers and greaves. Before engaging in melee, they often fling a number of throwing knives at the hero and his minions.
- Veteran Assassin
- Elite Assassin
- Mounted Marauder (Champion). Melee attackers riding Hyena Beasts and wielding a Spear. They are often found inbetween a group of Hyena Beasts and have an aura skill, which buffs health regeneration of nearby creatures. They also use two skills from the Hunting Mastery: at range they use Ensnare to trap the unlucky hero in place, in melee they occassionally use Take Down with Eviscerate modifier to reduce health and inflict Bleeding Damage.
- Veteran Marauder
- Pillager (Champion). Ranged attackers riding Hyena Beasts and wearing special Dune Raider's Pack armor. Before they attack with flame-enchanted arrows, they often lob a fire bomb at the hero, which covers a small area in flames. They also frequently cast flame strike, which causes several projectiles to fall from the sky and deal moderate Fire and Burn damage.
- Sand Viper. The Dune Raiders' basic melee fighters, wielding some sort of fire-enchanted weapon. Sand Vipers never wear armor.
The Dune Raider heroes are all based on the Pillager and use the same skills.
Dune Raiders get to wear their own special armor. Special rare items have the affix Windswept.
- Dune Raider Greaves
- Dune Raider Bracers
- Dune Raider Harness (Assassins)
- Dune Raider Pack (Pillagers)